This week has been very challenging as we navigate uncharted waters, and pray for those who have been affected by coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Today, I’d like to share scripture reading from Psalm 91:1-16 …Some of the Psalms are very specific to an event, but Psalm 91 can be attached to multiple situations, and be very comforting, for those who carefully review.
During this reading, Psalm 91 has arrested my attention; as we look closely at the Word’s in verse one, “He that dwelleth in the secret place”
(1) The person who dwells in that secret place, is someone who knows the Lord, and has come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ; they have been born again; washed in the blood of the Lamb. Have you been born again? Have you trusted Christ, do you dwell in the secret place of the most high; do you dwell with safety and security today in the area of Salvation? As we face danger and uncertainty, we may know for certain, where we will spend eternity, by knowing the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ! I pray that you have a point in time, or maybe even today, that you trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for your Salvation. Are you would be born again, as the Bible speaks about becoming a new creature in Christ, and old things are passed away; “behold all things become new” 2 Corinthians 5:17 When Jesus talked about being born again, He was referring to a Spiritual birth; more specific, those who have security in their future, are those who dwell in the secret place of the most High. Knowing for sure that your eternity is sealed, and you are abiding in the Person of Jesus Christ; you are secure in your Salvation.
(2) The writer of this Psalm goes on to say in verse one, “shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty” I’m reminded of Isaiah 30:1-2 we find the words, “to trust in the shadow” Scripture Reference: Isaiah 30:1-3
(3) There’s a lot of unknowns right now; if we trust in the shadow of Egypt (an Old Testament picture of the world); this causes confusion, heartache, questions and sorrowful times. Psalm 91 God speaks of another shadow; it’s not the shadow of this world or the things that bring comfort to some people. In Psalm 91 we find the shadow of the Almighty, and goes on to say, this shadow is our refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
(4) Today, will you take a moment, and spend time with the Lord, and will you trust Him through these events that are transpiring around us in this world? He is worthy, He is capable of taking care of your needs. He is available for you; do you know Him as your personal Savior? Do you dwell in Him, do you rest in Him? Psalm 91:4
(5) This verse gives reference to John 16 the Holy Spirit is our Comforter; do you rest in the comfort of the Comforter? Are you trusting in His truth as your shield?
(6) Yes, we are on a path that no one knows; navigating on troubled waters, and there may be more questions than answers, when it comes to the things of this world. The answer is found in the precious Word of God. Today we can rest in the promises of God that are found in His Word. He desires to meet our needs, He does not want is to fear; He gives us the Spirit of a sound mind, of strength, of courage, of power. So today I ask you to rest in Him, and soon this shall pass. Please note, that eternity is what we need to be sure of. Do you know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior? Have you been washed in the Blood of the Lamb?
Written by A.D. Newton